Monday, December 7, 2009

AMBIGRAMS

I was getting bored of my blog appearance for a while and since it was sunday I thought of doing something new with it.
I started off with the ambigram of the word "ambigram". Since it was done by many and I basically had in my mind how the others have done it, so I was ending up doing the same as others.
Not getting satisfied, I then decided to do with the word "ambigrams". Initially I started off with a rotational ambigram and even though I did it but then dropped that idea as it would take time to complete it on the computer. So finally I tried a mirror ambigram which happened to be my first attempt on it. I just got the solution in a matter of few seconds.
Now I had to choose simple fonts and modify to complete it. So I simply took the arial and verdana font. In the end really satisfied with it.

2 comments:

  1. One of the more common solutions for an 'ambigram' ambigram (mirror image).

    Douglas Hofstadter had his, and many others - included us - stumbled upon the solution individually.

    It'll be good if these solutions were to be compiled; the comparisons between the subtle differences in each artist's style would be interesting

    salam,
    nagfa

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work dude....
    I would like to share some trivia with you. I came across ambigrams far before angels and demons in a book called 'meta magical themas'. Its author Douglas Hofstadter is the person who coined the term 'ambigrams'. I think you should go through his ambigrams as well... he has some pretty good ideas.... continue the good work!

    nunuiscrazy

    ReplyDelete